Gretel releases Beta 2
Run privacy engineering workloads at the touch of an API call.
Today we are thrilled to announce the release of Gretel's "Beta2", continuing our mission to make privacy engineering easier and making data safe.
Almost a year ago, Gretel launched a Beta service that offered a mix of REST APIs and Python SDKs that solve a number of privacy engineering challenges. Since then, we have been collecting feedback on features, service deployment and packaging, and building the next iteration of the product.
One of the biggest things we learned while working with our users is that privacy engineering is fragmented: it involves a combination of machine learning, natural language processing, data science, and data engineering. At Gretel, we believe the complexity of privacy engineering should not affect the availability of usable tools. This principle has been one of our guiding lights in building the next iteration of our product that we are releasing today, often referred to as "Beta2."
With this release, the Gretel service enables the following workloads without having to write a single line of code:
- Create synthetic data. Create safe shareable data or mitigate biases by balancing your data, or powering pre-production environments
- Transform sensitive data and PII. Tokenize, encrypt, or create surrogate values for sensitive information within your data.
- Label and classify. Identify 40+ entity types, create your own detectors using regular expressions.
In addition to the workloads we support, there are a few things you should know about Gretel's pricing and deployment model:
- Beta2 is fully featured and free! General availability and pricing will be announced at a later date.
- Gretel is now fully backed by a Cloud-based REST API. The API powers our two primary user interfaces: The Gretel Console and the Gretel CLI.
- Gretel Workers, which process your data, will run in Gretel Cloud by default. Please see our environment configuration documentation for enabling Gretel Workers in your own environment via the Gretel CLI.
If you have already signed up for Gretel and used our Beta previously, you'll automatically be vectored to Beta2 during your next sign-in. Our current Beta will be available for a short period at https://beta1.gretel.cloud.
If you haven't signed up yet, sign up today and create your very own synthetic data model!
As always, your feedback drives our product. Feel free to drop us an email or join us in Slack.