Gretel.ai Terms of Service
Thank you for using Gretel! We're happy you're here. Please read this Terms of Service agreement carefully before accessing or using Gretel. Because it is such an important contract between us and our users, we have tried to make it as clear as possible. For your convenience, we have presented these terms in a short non-binding summary followed by the full legal terms.
You must agree to the Terms of Service to use Gretel’s services. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these Terms of Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gretel Terms of Service
Effective date: August 4th 2020
Short version: We use these basic terms throughout the agreement, and they have specific meanings. You should know what we mean when we use each of the terms. There's not going to be a test on it, but it's still useful information.
- An "Account" represents your legal relationship with Gretel. A “User Account” represents an individual User’s authorization to log in to and use the Service and serves as a User’s identity on Gretel.
- “Organizations” are shared workspaces that may be associated with a single entity or with one or more Users where multiple Users can collaborate across many projects at once. A User Account can be a member of any number of Organizations.
- The “Agreement” refers, collectively, to all the terms, conditions, notices contained or referenced in this document (the “Terms of Service” or the "Terms") and all other operating rules, policies (including the Gretel Privacy Statement, available at https://gretel.ai/privacy-statement ).
- "Public Beta" means software, services, or features identified as alpha, beta, preview, early access, or evaluation, or words or phrases with similar meanings.
- “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation code, text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, packages, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. "Content" also includes Services.
- “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own.
- “Gretel,” “We,” and “Us” refer to Gretel, Inc., as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
- The “Service” refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by Gretel, including any Public Beta releases.
- “The User,” “You,” and “Your” refer to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the Account; or that directs the use of the Account in the performance of its functions. A User must be at least 13 years of age.
- The “Website” refers to Gretel’s website located at Gretel.ai, and all content, services, and products provided by Gretel at or through the Website. It also refers to Gretel-owned subdomains of Gretel.ai and Gretel.cloud.
B. Account Terms
Short version: User Accounts and Organizations have different administrative controls; a human must create your Account; you must be 13 or over; you must provide a valid Github or Gmail account; and you may not have more than one free Account. You alone are responsible for your Account and anything that happens while you are signed in to or using your Account. You are responsible for keeping your Account secure.
- Users. Subject to these Terms, you retain ultimate administrative control over your User Account and the Content within it.
- Organizations. The "owner" of an Organization that was created under these Terms has ultimate administrative control over that Organization and the Content within it. Within the Service, an owner can manage User access to the Organization’s data and projects. An Organization may have multiple owners, but there must be at least one User Account designated as an owner of an Organization. If you are the owner of an Organization under these Terms, we consider you responsible for the actions that are performed on or through that Organization.
2. Required Information
You must provide a valid Github or Gmail account in order to complete the signup process. Any other information requested, such as your real name, is optional, unless you are accepting these terms on behalf of a legal entity (in which case we need more information about the legal entity) or if you opt for a paid Account, in which case additional information will be necessary for billing purposes.
3. Account Requirements
We have a few simple rules for User Accounts on Gretel's Service:
- You must be a human to create an Account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted. We do permit machine accounts:
- A machine account is an Account set up by an individual human who accepts the Terms of Service on behalf of the Account, provides a valid email address, and is responsible for its actions. A machine account is used exclusively for performing automated tasks. Multiple users may direct the actions of a machine account, but the owner of the Account is ultimately responsible for the machine's actions. You may maintain no more than one free machine account in addition to your free User Account.
- One person or legal entity may maintain no more than one free Account (if you choose to control a machine account as well, that's fine, but it can only be used for running a machine).
- You must be age 13 or older. While we are thrilled to see brilliant young coders get excited by learning to program, we must comply with United States law. Gretel does not target our Service to children under 13, and we do not permit any Users under 13 on our Service. If we learn of any User under the age of 13, we will terminate that User’s Account immediately. If you are a resident of a country outside the United States, your country’s minimum age may be older; in such a case, you are responsible for complying with your country’s laws.
- Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.
- You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
4. User Account Security
You are responsible for keeping your Account secure while you use our Service. We support security tools such as two-factor authentication through Github and Gmail sign-on, but the content of your Account and its security are up to you.
- You are responsible for all content (including all User-Generated Content) posted and activity that occurs under your Account (even when content is posted by others who have Accounts under your Account).
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and Gretel API keys. Gretel cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You will promptly notify Gretel at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your Account, including any unauthorized use of your password or Account.
5. Additional Terms
In some situations, third parties' terms may apply to your use of Gretel. For example, you may be a member of an organization on Gretel with its own terms or license agreements; you may connect Gretel to a 3rd party service such as Google Colaboratory, Github, or Docker. Please be aware that while these Terms are our full agreement with you, other parties' terms govern their relationships with you.
C. Acceptable Use
Short version: Gretel hosts a wide variety of collaborative data projects from all over the world, and that collaboration only works when our users are able to work together in good faith. While using the service, you must follow the terms of this section, which include some restrictions on content you can post, conduct on the service, and other limitations. In short, be excellent to each other.
Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control or sanctions laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
In connection with your use of the Service or its Contents, you will not:
- post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Gretel software or with respect to the Services;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or the site or the servers or networks connected to the Services or the site;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Services;
- "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Services, or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us or the Services or the site in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose; or
- except as expressly authorized by Gretel, modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Website or any software used on or for the Services or cause others to do so.
Under no circumstances will Users upload, post, host, execute, or transmit any Content to the Service that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- is or contains sexually obscene content;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- gratuitously depicts or glorifies violence, including violent images;
- is or contains false, inaccurate, or intentionally deceptive information that is likely to adversely affect the public interest (including health, safety, election integrity, and civic participation);
While using the Service, under no circumstances will you:
- harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group, including our employees, officers, and agents, or other users;
- use our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming or cryptocurrency mining), to place undue burden on our servers through automated means, or to relay any form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes;
- use our servers to disrupt or to attempt to disrupt, or to gain or to attempt to gain unauthorized access to, any service, device, data, account or network;
- impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with GitHub, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or
- violate the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.
D. User-Generated Content
Short version: You own the content you create, but you allow us certain rights to it, so that we can display and share the content you post. You still have control over your content, and responsibility for it, and the rights you grant us are limited to those we need to provide the service. We have the right to remove content or close Accounts if we need to.
You may create or upload User-Generated Content while using the Service. You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any User-Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service, regardless of the form of that Content. We are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User-Generated Content.
1. We May Remove Content
We do not pre-screen User-Generated Content, but we have the right (though not the obligation) to refuse or remove any User-Generated Content that, in our sole discretion, violates any Gretel terms or policies.
2. Ownership of Content, License Grants
You retain ownership of and responsibility for Your Content. If you're posting anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
We need the legal right to do things like host Your Content, publish it, and share it. You grant us and our legal successors the right to store, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service. This includes the right to do things like copy it to our database and make backups; show it to you and other users; parse it into a search index or otherwise analyze it on our servers; and share it with other users. This license does not grant Gretel the right to sell Your Content or otherwise distribute or use it outside of our provision of the Service.
To the extent this agreement is not enforceable by applicable law, you grant Gretel the rights we need to use Your Content without attribution and to make reasonable adaptations of Your Content as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service.
Any User-Generated Content you post publicly, including issues, comments, and contributions to other Users' data projects, may be viewed by others. By setting your data projects to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view and "fork" your data projects (this means that others may make their own copies of Content from your repositories in repositories they control).
If you set your pages and data projects to be viewed publicly, you grant each User of Gretel a nonexclusive, worldwide license to use, display, and perform Your Content through the Gretel Service and to reproduce Your Content solely on Gretel as permitted through Gretel's functionality (for example, through forking a data project). You may grant further rights if you adopt a license. If you are uploading Content you did not create or own, you are responsible for ensuring that the Content you upload is licensed under terms that grant these permissions to other Gretel Users.
3. Contributions Under Data Project or Repository License
Whenever you make a contribution to a data project or repository containing notice of a license, you license your contribution under the same terms, and you agree that you have the right to license your contribution under those terms. If you have a separate agreement to license your contributions under different terms, such as a contributor license agreement, that agreement will supersede.
E. Private Data Projects
Short version: You may have access to private data projects. We treat the content of private data projects as confidential, and we only access it for support reasons, with your consent, or if required to for security reasons.
Some Accounts may have private data projects, which allow the User to control access to Content.
1. Confidentiality of Private Data Projects
Gretel considers the contents of private data projects to be confidential to you. Gretel will protect the contents of private data projects from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that we would use to protect our own confidential information of a similar nature and in no event with less than a reasonable degree of care.
Gretel personnel may only access the content of your private data projects in the following situations:
- With your consent and knowledge, for support reasons. If Gretel accesses a private data project for support reasons, we will only do so with the owner’s consent and knowledge.
- When access is required for security reasons, including when access is required to maintain ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of Gretel's systems and Service.
- If we have reason to believe the contents of a private repository are in violation of the law or of these Terms, we have the right to access, review, and remove them. Additionally, we may be compelled by law to disclose the contents of your private data projects.
You may choose to enable additional access to your private data projects. For example:
- You may enable various Gretel services or features that require additional rights to Your Content in private data projects. These rights may vary depending on the service or feature, but Gretel will continue to treat your private repository Content as confidential. If those services or features require rights in addition to those we need to provide the Gretel Service, we will provide an explanation of those rights.
F. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
If you believe that content on our website violates your copyright, please contact us in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy. If you are a copyright owner and you believe that content on Gretel violates your rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. There may be legal consequences for sending a false or frivolous takedown notice. Before sending a takedown request, you must consider legal uses such as fair use and licensed uses.
We will terminate the Accounts of repeat infringers of this policy.
G. Intellectual Property Notice
Short version: We own the service and all of our content. In order for you to use our content, we give you certain rights to it, but you may only use our content in the way we have allowed.
Gretel and our licensors, vendors, agents, and/or our content providers retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Website and Service. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement or by law.
1. Gretel’s Trademarks and Logos
Gretel retains ownership of all of its trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos. They may be used only with Gretel’s prior written consent. If you’d like to use Gretel’s trademarks, you must follow all of our trademark guidelines, including those on our logos page: https://gretel.ai/press.
2. License to Gretel Software and Services
The Gretel Services include access to and use of our hosted software applications, as well as copyrighted and licensed software libraries that may be available for download on or through the Service (collectively, “Software”).
All of the Software and Content available on or through the Service (except for User-Generated Content) are the property of Gretel or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property law including, but not limited to, United States copyright and law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software, Content or Services shall be transferred to you as a result of your acceptance of this Agreement. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the Software, Content and Services will remain the exclusive property of Gretel or its licensors, and you shall not acquire any rights thereto except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You agree that you will not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trademark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Software or Services.
Subject to the provisions of these Terms of Service, Gretel hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to (i) use the Services (including the Software and Content) to the extent, and only to the extent, necessary to access and use the Services, and (ii) use any Software you may download on a single computer registered under your Account in accordance with the relevant product documentation and solely in connection with your use of the Service. Except as expressly provided herein, Gretel does not grant to you any express or implied rights to Gretel’s or any third party's intellectual property.
The license granted herein does not permit you, and you agree not to: (a) modify, alter, translate, reverse engineer, attempt to derive the source code of, disassemble, decompile or create derivative works of the Service or Software or allow a third party, whether directly or indirectly (including, but not limited to the direct or indirect use of wizards, agents, bots, or other utilities), to modify, alter, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or create derivative works of the Service or Software; or (b) transfer, distribute, sell, offer for sale, copy, reproduce, display, publicly perform, import, retransmit, lease, rent, disclose or provide access to the Service or Software to any third party or use the Service or Software to provide service bureau, time sharing or other services to third parties.
We’re always trying to improve our products and services, and your feedback as a User will help us do that. If you choose to give us any ideas, know-how, algorithms, code contributions, suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or any other feedback for our products or services (collectively, “Feedback”), you acknowledge and agree that Gretel will have a royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable and perpetual license to implement, use, modify, commercially exploit and/or incorporate the Feedback into our products, services, and documentation.
H. API Terms
Short version: You agree to these Terms of Service, plus this Section H, when using any of Gretel's APIs (Application Provider Interface), including use of the API through a third party product that accesses Gretel.
Abuse or excessively frequent requests to Gretel via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your Account's access to the API. Gretel, in our sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. We will make a reasonable attempt to warn you via email prior to suspension.
You may not share API tokens to exceed Gretel's rate limitations.
You may not use the API to download data or Content from Gretel for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling Gretel users' personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
Gretel may offer subscription-based access to our API for those Users who require high-throughput access or access that would result in resale of Gretel's Service.
I. Beta Previews
Short version: Beta Previews may not be supported or may change at any time, you may receive confidential information through those programs that must remain confidential while the program is private, and we'd love your feedback to make our Beta Previews better.
1. Subject to Change
Beta Previews may not be supported and may be changed at any time without notice. In addition, Beta Previews are not subject to the same security measures and auditing to which the Service has been and is subject. By using a Beta Preview, you use it at your own risk.
Short version: You are responsible for any fees associated with your use of Gretel. We are responsible for communicating those fees to you clearly and accurately, and letting you know well in advance if those prices change.
Our pricing and payment terms are available at https://gretel.ai/pricing. If you agree to a subscription price, that will remain your price for the duration of the payment term; however, prices are subject to change at the end of a payment term.
2. Account Changes
- We will immediately bill you when you upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan.
- If you change from a monthly billing plan to a yearly billing plan, Gretel will bill you for a full year at the next monthly billing date.
- If you upgrade to a higher level of service, we will bill you for the upgraded plan immediately.
- You may change your level of service at any time by choosing a plan option or going into your Billing settings. If you choose to downgrade your Account, you may lose access to Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Please see our section on Cancellation for information on getting a copy of that Content.
3. Payment Schedule; No Refunds
Payment Based on Usage. Some Service features are billed based on your usage. A limited quantity of these Service features may be included in your plan for a limited term without additional charge. If you choose to purchase paid Service features beyond the quantity included in your plan, you pay for those Service features based on your actual usage in the preceding month. Monthly payment for these purchases will be charged on a periodic basis in arrears.
4. Account Payment Authorization; Responsibility for Payment
By agreeing to these Terms, you are giving us permission to charge your on-file credit card, PayPal account, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you authorize for Gretel.
You are responsible for all fees, including taxes, associated with your use of the Service. By using the Service, you agree to pay Gretel any charge incurred in connection with your use of the Service. If you dispute the matter, contact Gretel Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for providing us with a valid means of payment for paid Accounts. Free Accounts are not required to provide payment information.
K. Cancellation and Termination
1. Account Cancellation & Termination
It is your responsibility to properly cancel your Account with Gretel. You can cancel your Account at any time by navigating to your Account Settings via the account dropdown menu and selecting “Archive my account”. The Account screen provides a simple, no questions asked cancellation link. We are not able to cancel Accounts in response to an email or phone request.
Gretel has the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. Gretel reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
2. Upon Cancellation or Termination
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile and the Content of your repositories within 90 days of cancellation or termination (though some information may remain in encrypted backups). This information cannot be recovered once your Account is cancelled.
We will not delete Content that you have contributed to other Users' repositories or that other Users have forked.
Upon request, we will make a reasonable effort to provide an Account owner with a copy of your lawful, non-infringing Account contents after Account cancellation, termination, or downgrade. You must make this request within 90 days of cancellation, termination, or downgrade.
All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination will survive termination — including, without limitation: ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
L. Communications with Gretel
Short version: We use email and other electronic means to stay in touch with our users.
1. Electronic Communication Required
For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form via the Account email address you have submitted or via the Service; and (2) agree that all Terms of Service, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications would satisfy if they were on paper. This section does not affect your non-waivable rights.
2. Legal Notices to Gretel
Communications made through email or Gretel Support's messaging system will not constitute legal notice to Gretel or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to Gretel is required by contract or any law or regulation. Legal notice to Gretel must be in writing and served on Gretel's legal agent.
3. No Phone Support
Gretel only offers support via email, in-Service communications, and electronic messages. We do not offer telephone support.
M. Disclaimer of Warranties
Gretel provides the Website and the Service “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting this, we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Website and the Service including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement.
Gretel does not warrant that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; that the information provided through the Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that any defects or errors will be corrected; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or use of files, information, content or other material obtained from the Service.
Your access to and use of the Website may be interrupted from time to time as a result of equipment malfunction, updating, maintenance or repair of the website or any other reason within or outside the control of Gretel. We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue the availability of the Website and/or any Service and/or remove any Content at any time at Gretel’s sole discretion and without prior notice. We may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict your access to parts of or all of the Website and the Services without notice or liability. The website should not be used or solely relied upon for storage of your data. Your data is exportable and you are directed to retain your own copies of all Content posted on the website.
N. Limitation of Liability
Short version: We will not be liable for damages or losses arising from your use or inability to use the service or otherwise arising under this agreement. Please read this section carefully; it limits our obligations to you.
You understand and agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss of profits, use, goodwill, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, however arising, that result from
- the use, disclosure, or display of your User-Generated Content;
- your use or inability to use the Service;
- any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service;
- the Service generally or the software or systems that make the Service available;
- unauthorized access to or alterations of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service;
- any other user interactions that you input or receive through your use of the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
Our liability is limited whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damages, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose. We will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances and under no legal theory (including, without limitation, tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise) shall gretel be liable to you or to any other person for (a) any matter beyond our reasonable control, or (b) any amount, in the aggregate, in excess of the greater of (i) $100 or (ii) the amounts paid by you to gretel in connection with the services in the six (6) month period preceding this applicable claim. some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, so the above limitation and exclusions may not apply to you.
O. Release and Indemnification
Short version: You are responsible for your use of the service. If you harm someone else or get into a dispute with someone else, we will not be involved.
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release Gretel from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Gretel, its affiliates, and each of our and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, and partners harmless for and against any and all claims, suits, action, proceedings, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to (a) your use of the Website or Services (including any actions taken by a third party using your account), and (b) your violation of these Terms. In the event of such a claim, suit, or action (“Claim”), we will provide notice of the Claim to the contact information we have for your account (provided that failure to deliver such notice shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligations hereunder).
P. Changes to These Terms
Short version: We want our users to be informed of important changes to our terms, but some changes aren't that important — we don't want to bother you every time we fix a typo. So while we may modify this agreement at any time, we will notify users of any changes that affect your rights and give you time to adjust to them.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. We will notify our Users of material changes to this Agreement, such as price changes, at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our Website. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service. You can view all changes to these Terms in our Site Policy repository.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice.
1. Governing Law
Except to the extent applicable law provides otherwise, this Agreement between you and Gretel and any access to or use of the Website or the Service are governed by the federal laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and Gretel agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California.
Gretel may assign or delegate these Terms of Service and/or the Gretel Privacy Statement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent, including the licenses granted by you. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms of Service or Privacy Statement without our prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is null and void.
3. Section Headings
Throughout this Agreement, each section includes titles and brief summaries of the following terms and conditions. These section titles and brief summaries are not legally binding.
4. Severability; Waivers
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of Gretel to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
5. Amendments; Complete Agreement
This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of Gretel, or by the posting by Gretel of a revised version in accordance with Section P. Changes to These Terms. These Terms of Service, together with the Gretel Privacy Statement, represent the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us. This Agreement supersedes any proposal or prior agreement oral or written, and any other communications between you and Gretel relating to the subject matter of these terms including any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreements.
Questions about the Terms of Service? Contact us at email@example.com.