Gretel is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. We are building tools that enable data scientists and engineers to create an anonymized or synthetic dataset to safely work with data while preserving privacy. We are a small team looking to bring our product to the next level with quality design and expertise that comes along with years of product development. If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you!
What we’re looking for
- A strong portfolio that shows skill in both visual design and product knowledge.
- Someone who has a track record of coming up with innovative solutions to technical problems and can think like an engineer.
- Strong examples of data heavy application design.
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of features and proposing solutions to business problems.
- An understanding of web implementation technologies. No coding is expected, but an ability to converse with developers about implementation details is essential.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Working alongside our engineering and product teams to provide guidance on design decisions and translate product requirements into actionable tasks.
- Design new features for our Gretel Console application ensuring consistent application of our brand and design language.
- Contribute to, maintain and have ownership of our internal Design System and evolve it over time.
- Participate in daily standups and demo upcoming features to the entire company.
- Be an advocate for the Gretel brand and help tell our story visually.
- 5+ years of experience working on a design team and making meaningful contributions to the product.
- Experience working a distributed startup team
- Experience building new featuresStrong communication skills and the ability to hit tight deadlines and deliver new features on time.
- Comfortable taking initiative and ownership, but also team oriented and collaborative in working style.
- High integrity and a high degree of professionalism.