We're looking for a Head of Engineering to join our team at Gretel. The ideal candidate thrives in the fast paced, high-growth startup environment and has the ability and past experience in managing and growing distributed engineering teams. This is a great opportunity to lead multiple engineering teams in the development and deployment of Gretel's Privacy Engineering Services. This role will be responsible for driving day-to-day engineering operations to include maturing Gretel's engineering processes, working very closely with founders, product management, design, and research teams to deliver a world-class scalable SaaS product.
- Work with the entire leadership team on strategic initiatives and provide input to business level discussions, go-to-market, and long-term roadmap.
- Own the backlog and Scrum process for 3+ engineering teams working on Gretel's user interfaces, core software packages, and cloud platform
- Partner with product management to balance short and long-term needs for both product and technical roadmaps
- Promote a mindset of fast iterations, learning, and collaboration
- Screen resumes, interview candidates, and make selection recommendations
- Work with the CTO and product teams to take new products and major features from prototype to product
- Create high quality internal documentation to support customer success, marketing, and sales functions
- Has built and managed engineering teams for 5+ years
- Has 7+ years of software engineering experience developing SaaS applications to include API and UI development, asynchronous processing, CI/CD, and application / performance monitoring
- Specific experience in serverless and microservice architectures using cloud native technologies (AWS, GCP, K8s, etc).
- Has experience with all phases of technical recruiting to include communicating engineering culture, explaining exciting initiatives, interviewing and closing candidates
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Must be able to over-communicate and manage multiple communications avenues at once