Gretel's mission is to automate privacy engineering. We enable developers, researchers, and scientists to quickly create safe versions of data that can be used for pre-production environments, machine learning workloads, and be shared across teams and organizations.
At Gretel, you will be working on ways to make privacy engineering automated to people everywhere. You'll be working at the direct intersection of machine learning and data engineering/architecture, building cutting-edge technology to automate the process of synthetic data generation and data anonymization.
- Be a core contributor of front-end code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a small team of engineers working across the stack.
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications.
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development.
- Mastery of the fundamentals of web development with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Experience in the delivery of front-end systems for SaaS products.
- Strong communication skills - you speak, and write, your mind well. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- A strong passion for web accessibility and inclusivity and a strong understanding of building accessible applications using modern tools.
- Ability to deliver rapid prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS to quickly test features and validate ideas.
- Experience building and deploying applications in public cloud providers or with platforms such as Heroku, Vercel, etc.
- Experience configuring & maintaining modern front-end build technologies like Webpack, esbuild, etc.
- Experience working with, maintaining, and contributing to modular design systems.
We think the best ideas come from the blending of diverse perspectives. Our team is composed of the best minds in their fields - and we believe that adding perspectives will make our solutions much stronger. We hire people who are superb at what they do, drawn to the cool edges where fields touch and like to laugh. We are deeply collaborative, apolitical, and mission-oriented.