Gretel's mission is to automate privacy engineering. We enable developers, researchers, and scientists to quickly create safe versions of data that can be used for pre-production environments, machine learning workloads, and be shared across teams and organizations.
At Gretel you will be working on ways to make privacy engineering automated to people everywhere. You'll be working at the direct intersection of machine learning and data engineering / architecture, building cutting edge technology to automate the process of synthetic data generation and data anonymization.
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a small team of engineers working across the stack
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, or an algorithmic-centric discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
- Experience with agile development methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
- Experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
- Strong communication skills - you speak, and write, your mind well. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication
- Experience building applications with Python and/or Go
- Experience building cloud-scale applications in AWS and/or GCP
- Experience building containerized applications with Docker/Kubernetes
- Data engineering experience
- Experience working remotely in a distributed company
We think the best ideas come from the blending of diverse perspectives. Our team is comprised of the best minds in their fields - and we believe that adding perspectives will make our solutions much stronger. We hire people who are superb at what they do, drawn to the cool edges where fields touch, and like to laugh. We are deeply collaborative, apolitical, and mission-oriented.