Gretel is a startup founded by engineers from AWS and Google to help developers to safely and quickly experiment, build, and collaborate with data. At Gretel, we believe that access to data needs to become easier, more accessible, and safe. We are innovating with machine learning to help developers make sense of complex data, and privacy-enhancing technologies to streamline developer access to data safely. We're looking for a senior software engineer to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers working with machine learning at cloud scale.
Are you an experienced engineer with a strong desire to work on products that help other engineers get the most out of their day? Do you want to help engineering teams develop new capabilities by leveraging their data more effectively? If so, please join us!
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a small team of engineers working across the stack
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, or an algorithmic-centric discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
- Experience with agile development methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
- Experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
- Strong communication skills - you speak, and write, your mind well. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication
- Experience building applications with Python and/or Go
- Experience building cloud-scale applications in AWS and/or GCP
- Experience building containerized applications with Docker/Kubernetes
- Data engineering experience
- Experience working remotely in a distributed company
We think the best ideas come from the blending of diverse perspectives. Our team is comprised of the best minds in their fields - and we believe that adding perspectives will make our solutions much stronger. We hire people who are superb at what they do, drawn to the cool edges where fields touch, and like to laugh. We are deeply collaborative, apolitical, and mission-oriented.