The mission of the Head of Marketing is to build and scale a fully-integrated, world-class marketing organization capable of positioning Gretel as the go-to data privacy platform for developers, data engineers, and data scientists.
- Oversee and execute strategy on company marketing initiatives that contribute to our high growth goals, including messaging and positioning, demand generation across all channels, product and solutions marketing, customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, events, social media, AR/PR, and branding.
- Own the conversation and credibly tell our story for the rapidly emerging privacy market. Understand the market trends and competitive landscape and develop competitive positioning while establishing rapport with media and industry analysts.
- Align closely with product and engineering to understand our users needs, create go-to-market strategies, and create communication and collateral that reflects the company brand.
- Drive best in class product marketing including product launch management, white papers, presentations, and other user-facing materials to build awareness.
- Define the marketing strategy needed to grow the community and increase engagement, including channels, social media, digital, online, and email marketing.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results. Establish a clear framework for evaluation.
Essential background characteristics
- 10+ years experience in marketing at well-recognized brands in the software and privacy space. In-depth knowledge of the full marketing stack is a must, with a focus on product marketing and demand generation.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, building and managing a marketing organization with superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate our existing team and future talent.
- Startup experience - should be experienced in taking a company through a scaling phase either as marketing head or key right hand person.
- Experience and comfort with a technical product – Gretel’s differentiation stems from its cutting edge technology and being able to both understand and articulate the value proposition is key.
- A deep understanding of what it takes to successfully market to the developer community.
- Experience running a bottoms up marketing org.
- Outstanding written communication and ability to excel in asynchronous teams